Gangubai Kathiawadi was born in 1939 in Kathiawad in the state of Gujarat, India as Ganga Harjivan Das. She was an Indian Mafia Woman. She was famously known for saving the lives of those girls who were forced into the trade of prostitution.
|Other Name:||Gangubai, Gangubai Kothewali, Ganga, Ganga Harjivan Das, Madam of Kamathipura|
Gangubai Kathiawadi Wiki Link
Gangubai Kathiawadi Complete Bio & Career
Gangubai Kathiawadi Popular Videos
Health Issues, Illness and Death Info
Gangubai Kathiawadi died at the age of 68-69 in 2008 in Kamathipura, Mumbai in the state of Maharashtra, India.
|DEATH PLACE||Kamathipura, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
Gangubai Kathiawadi Family, Relatives and Other Relations
She was born into a Hindu middle-class family to her father Harjivan Das. She was in a relationship with Ramnik Lal in 1945. Her parents were against their marriage. Then both of them run away from home and went to Mumbai. Where, Ramnik Lal sold her at Kamathipura. She adopted four children. In Mumbai, Karim Lala (the mafia dons of Mumbai) became her rakhi brother, and very soon after she became Gangubai from Ganga.
Life’s Important Dates Of Gangubai Kathiawadi
- LIFE EVENTS
- FAMILY EVENTS
|Home Town||Kathiawad, Gujarat, India|
|Address||Kamathipura, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Best Know as||Madam of Kamathipura|
|Favorite Color||Blue, Red|
|Favorite Accessories||Earrings, Nose-pin|
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Gangubai Kathiawadi
- Gangubai is known as the Madam of Kamathipura, a red-light area in Mumbai.
- She raised her voice for the rights of s*x workers.
- At the age of 16, her lover Ramnik sold her to a woman at Kamathipura for just 500 rupees.
- She was a very brave and strong woman.
- She wanted to become a famous actress like Hema Malini and Asha Parekh.
- She became a mother face for the s*x workers of Kamathipura who still keep her picture.
Sanjay Leela Bhansali makes her biopic movie on her life story called
View this post on Instagram