- Source of Wealth: Investment, Boston Celtics
- Age: 65
- Birth Place: Framingham, Massachusetts
- Full Name: Stephen G. Pagliuca
- Nationality: United States
- Date of Birth: January 16, 1955
- Occupation: Private Equity Investor, Managing General Partner of Bain Capital and the Co-Owner of the Boston Celtics
- Education: Duke University and Harvard Business School
Stephen G. Pagliuca was born on January 16, 1955 in Framingham, Massachusetts, USA. He is a private equity investor, the managing general partner of Bain Capital, and the co-owner of the Boston Celtics basketball franchise.
Pagliuca began his professional career when he joined Bain & Company in 1982. He founded the Information Partners private equity fund for Bain Capital in 1989. He also worked as a senior accountant and international task specialist for Peat Marwich Mitchell & Company, now the KPMG, in Netherlands.
In 2003, Steve was part of the consortium, Boston Basketball Partners, along with Irving and Wyc Grousbeck, Robert and David Epstein, William P. Egan and John Svenson. The group acquired the Boston Celtics for $360 million. He serves as a managing partner and member of the executive committee of the team. He is also a member of the Board of Governors and the Competition Committee for the NBA league.
Steve Pagliuca served as a director of Warner Chilcott, Ltd. (2005-2009), HCA Inc. (November 2006 to September 2009), Quintiles Transnational Corp. (2008-2009), M/C Communications (2004-2009), FCI, S.A.(2005-2009) and Burger King Holdings Inc. (2002-2010). He currently sits on the boards of Gartner, Inc., The Weather Channel, LLC and Physio-Control, Inc.
Pagliuca is a graduate of Duke University with a BA degree. He then earned an MBA from Harvard Business School.,